After months of fighting at the table for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, your Bargaining Committee is pleased to inform you that we reached a Tentative Agreement with the District on a new contract! Your rank-and-file negotiation committee is unanimously recommending a YES vote. Please click here to review the Tentative Agreement.
Some highlights of our Tentative Agreement include:
- A 7% ongoing increase to your salary schedule retroactive to July 1, 2023.
- A 3% ongoing increase to your salary schedule beginning July 1, 2024.
- A total compensation study for the majority of classifications, with the results brought to the School Board.
- A reopener for the 2025 – 2026 year for salary and benefits.
- An agreement to create a committee that will look to permanently address FTE’s in the Food Services Department.
- New Remote Work and On-Call Pay language for I.T. members.
- An extra guaranteed hour for Board Drivers.
- Improved language addressing promotions and grievances.
- Fought back against constant District proposals that would have reduced OT Comp Time, reduced Call Back Time, removed bumping rights…and more!
We will be holding an in-person and virtual informational meeting to review the tentative agreement and answer any questions you may have:
In-Person Informational Meeting:
Monday, July 10, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
Loma Vista in the Multi-Use Room
Zoom Informational Meeting
Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 879 1469 2385
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,87914692385#,,,,*996602# US (San Jose)
Voting on the Contract Agreement
You will have an opportunity to cast your ballot either in person or online using our electronic, secure, third-party system.
Online Voting: Online voting will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 24, 2023, and will close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 26, 2023. The voting link and instructions will be sent to the email address you have on file with Local 856.
In-Person Voting: You will be able to cast your ballot in-person if you do not cast your ballot electronically. In-person voting will take place at Loma Vista in the Multi-Use Room on Friday, July 28, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please stop by during this time period to cast your ballot in-person.
You may only vote once either in-person or by electronic ballot.
If you need to update your contact information, please complete this form, or call our main office at 650 635-0111 and press 3 to reach our membership department.