(This election has ended.)
Our election has started, if you did not receive an email with your voting credentials, please contact Nicole Casey at email@example.com or 650 266 7712.
*ineligible to hold office due to non-member status
- The Local Union is conducting a secret online election to elect seven (7) shop stewards to represent Unit 2 members.
- The term of office shall be for three years.
- These guidelines will be posted at the Main Jail Facility and at the John Latorraca Correctional Facility from March 13, 2017 through March 31, 2017.
- All nominations must be received by 2359 hours on March 16, 2014. Nominations may be submitted online at www.Teamsters856.org/Merced or by sending a written statement to Teamsters 856, 453 San Mateo Ave, San Bruno, CA, 94066 ATTN: Merced Corrections
- Nominees will be contacted on March 17, 2017 to confirm their acceptance. Nominees must be members in good standing to be placed on the ballot.
- Electronic voting will commence on March 21, 2017 and continue for 10 consecutive days, ending at 2359 hours on March 30, 2017.
- Results will be announced on March 31, 2017 and newly elected positions will take effect on April 1, 2017.
- At any time during the 3-year term, the membership may petition the Local Union to remove a steward. A minimum of 25% of the members in the eligible voting group must sign the petition for it to be considered by the Local Union. Upon receipt of a valid petition, a committee appointed by the Local Union Executive Board shall conduct an investigation to evaluate the merits of the request. At the conclusion of the investigation, the Local Union will announce findings and determine if removal prior to the conclusion of an elected term is warranted.