At the Hilton Oakland Teamsters meeting on Friday, September 20, Local 856 Rep Mike Lagomarsino listened to members’ points and the concerns. They will be addressed either in upcoming contract negotiations or through the grievance process. Here are some of the points and concerns:
- Protecting existing jobs and classifications from technology changes and outsourcing (AP/Gen Cash)
- Ensuring housekeeping has ample supplies to do their work and are not held responsible when they do not
- Reevaluating the housekeeping daily room quotas (14) and proposing reasonable room drop policies
- Fully reviewing the current scheduling, overtime and bumping procedures
- Reviewing with our attorneys the legality of the current charges for lunch and an appropriate response.
Look out for notifications regarding future meetings and negotiations dates for your new contract.