One of the most fundamental principles in the labor movement is that of democracy, the right for every person to have a voice and have agency over their workplace. But this principle doesn’t end at work, our vote creates the power to change our communities, and our country, at the grandest scale. We encourage every member of Teamsters Local 856 to vote in the upcoming election to ensure pro-worker and pro-union legislators are elected at every level.
Election Day is Tuesday, June 7. California is conducting universal mail-in ballots which will be sent out to all registered voters by Monday, May 9, and should be in your mailbox by the end of the same week. If you do not receive your ballot by Tuesday, May 17, contact your County Registrar of Voters to request a duplicate ballot.
Online voter registration is available until Monday, May 23 and in-person voter registration is available until Election Day. Register to vote online.
Use the links below to navigate to the Teamster-endorsed candidates:
- US Senator – Alex Padilla
- Governor – Gavin Newsom
- Lt. Governor – Eleni Kounalakis
- Secretary of State – Shirley Weber
- Attorney General – Rob Bonta
- Controller – Malia Cohen
- Treasurer – Fiona Ma
- Insurance Commissioner – Ricardo Lara
- Superintendent of Public Instruction – Tony Thurmond
- Board of Equalization
- District 2 (Dual Endorsement) – Michela Alioto-Pier & Sally Lieber
- District 3 – Tony Vazquez