- The nomination form will be available online at: www.teamsters856.org/wccusd.
- Nominees and those making a nomination must be members in good standing. Members in good standing are those workers who are full members as of April 2, 2018, at midnight.
- Substitute employees are eligible to run for Shop Steward positions if they are members in good standing.
- Elections will be held by worksite among eligible voters (members in good standing).
- If more than two (2) persons are nominated for the same worksite, an election will be held. If only one (1) person is nominated at a worksite, they will be deemed elected by acclamation.
- Terms of office shall be May 9, 2018 through April 30, 2021.
- If an elected Steward transfers worksites during their term, they will maintain their position as Steward.
- Nominees will be called to accept their nomination on April 4, between noon and 4 p.m.
- No negative campaigning is permitted in Shop Steward elections. Negative campaigning is defined as making statements or campaign literature that defames or slanders a fellow member.
- Eligible voters will be mailed their ballot at their address on file with Local 856.
- Members will receive their ballot by mail with instructions during the week of April 9th. If you do not receive a mail ballot by April 16th, please email email@example.com to request a duplicate and include your full name and mailing address.
March 26 — Nominations begin online
April 2 — Nominations close at midnight
April 4 — All nominees will be called to confirm their placement on a ballot
Week of April 9-14 — Ballots are mailed to eligible voters (members in good standing)
April 16 — First day to request a duplicate ballot at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 7 — Last day ballots will be accepted (must be received in the mail by close of business)
May 8 — Ballots counted by teller committee (WCCUSD Teamsters negotiations team) at 5 p.m. in the MPR at De Anza High School