Contact Your Teamster Representatives:
Important Information for Contra Costa Teamsters about the SEIU 1021 Strike:
October 6, 2016
As I am sure you have heard, SEIU 1021, is on strike against Contra Costa County. The County’s Social Workers and Eligibility Workers are on strike protesting the County’s unfair labor practices. We encourage all members to join SEIU 1021 on the picket line before or after your shift begins and while on lunch breaks.
Your health and safety is our utmost concern. You must decide individually whether you are in danger of physical harm in crossing the picket line. If you are in danger of physical harm, you have the right not to cross the picket line. If you choose not to cross the picket line to avoid physical harm, you must contact your supervisor as soon as practicable.
We support SEIU 1021 in the exercise of their right to protest the County’s unlawful practices and to speak out against problems at the Employment and Human Services Department.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your Teamsters 856 Representatives, Richie Andazola (RAndazola@ibt856.org or 925 775-8466) or Corey Hallman (415 867-2116 or CHallman@ibt856.org).
Contra Costa Teamsters: Preparing for Open Enrollment
Selecting the Teamster Kaiser Plan
How do I select the Teamster Kaiser Plan?
Your options for health coverage in your open enrollment packet will look something like the list below. The Teamster Kaiser Plan will be listed at “Teamsters 856 Trust Fund KP Health Plan”. Make sure you select this option if you want to enroll in the Teamster Kaiser Plan.
Why choose the Teamster Kaiser Plan?
1. Savings: Members who choose the Teamsters 856 Trust KP Health Plan will save between $200 and $600 per month depending on current plan and tier level.
2. County Contribution: The County is paying the dollar amount equivalent of 90% of the 2017 Teamster Kaiser monthly premium.
3. The Teamster Kaiser Plan’s benefits:
- Unlimited Maximum Annual Benefit
- No Annual Deductible
- $15 doctor visits and outpatient services
- No charge for daily room and board
- No other hospital charges
- No charge for ambulance trips when authorized by Plan physician
- $35 co-pay for emergency room visits (waived if admitted)
- No surgical charge
- No lab/x-ray charges
- $15 home health & hospice
- No charge for physical exams
- No charge for Well Baby Care
- Conversion coverage available if requested
- $10 co-pay for generic Rx/$20 co-pay for brand Rx
- $15 per visit for Chiropractic, up to 20 visits